We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This bird is a great imitator, so much, that many doubt if it is real or not. It's called a lyre bird (Menura) and it has the ability to reproduce almost any sound you hear.Here are some curiosities about this incredible bird:
Curiosities about the lyre bird:
▪ They live in eastern Australia, in humid forests
▪ They are mainly terrestrial
▪ They are famous because they can reproduce almost any natural or artificial sound: Photo cameras, baby cries, people talking, melodies, chainsaws, alarms, water, songs of other birds or species ... etc.
▪ They can measure from 73 to 103 cm
▪ Females are good mimics too, but males are better
▪ They have long legs, short, rounded wings, and an extra long tail. and elegant
▪ It is known as "The Imitation Bird"
▪ It is a popular symbol of Australia and appears on the dimes
This video was very viral although it is not entirely true. There are sounds that were modified as a parody, like the intro of the Seinfeld series or the opera song. However, it was believed to be real for a long time, as this bird is capable of imitating many sounds.
What do you think of this bird? Greetings friends of the birds! 😉
- The rarest birds on the planet
- The best birds to have as a pet